About the role
Oval Medical Technologies is continuing to develop device delivery platforms and methodologies to support Pharma Companies in the delivery of new and exciting drugs, especially in areas of unmet clinical need. We are at the forefront of developing delivery devices for large volume subcutaneous delivery and also for high viscosity formulations including gels and suspensions. Our flexible technologies can also be applied to intramuscular administration of these formulations.
What you will be doing?
- Interfacing with users and customers
- Design and engineering of medical devices including;
- Design of plastic components
- Development of external product form and internal functional mechanisms
- Math modelling
- Tolerance analysis
- Finite-element analysis
- 3D modelling and 2D drawing creation
- Conducting risk analysis / DFMEA and planning mitigation activities
- Generating and implementing test plans
- Developing detailed designs for larger projects
- Assisting with supplier selection and management
What we are looking for?
- Prototyping methods (e.g. machining / work shop, 3D printing etc)
- 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks
- Technical drawing creation in compliance with DIN16742 or similar
- Finite Element Analysis
- Brainstorming, TRIZ or similar
- Root cause & Statistical analysis
- DFMA, Boothroyd Dewhurst or similar
- Design of Experiment
- Degree qualification in a technology subject preferred
- Self-motivated with a proactive nature?
- Creative, a structured thinker with the ability to communicate ideas?
- A keen team keen player with good interpersonal skills?
- Able to thrive in an open environment with a relatively flat structure?
How do I apply
If you are looking for a new challenge, working for a rapidly growing company that can support your career development aspirations, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Device Development Engineer".