Oval’s technology uses cyclic olefin plastic which can be used to produce vials, pre-filled syringes and autoinjectors. Oval’s industrial design team work with world-leading human factors experts to produce a bespoke device design to meet the requirements of your patient population.
Oval’s technology can be used to produce an ideal autoinjector for fast, simple administration, which offers the following advantages:
- Simple 2-step operation
- Smallest autoinjector on the market – greatly enhancing portability
Oval’s technology can be used for to deliver viscous (>2000 cps) and non-viscous drugs due to the following reasons:
- Cyclic olefin plastic can be used to form the primary drug container instead of glass
- Oval’s plunger has low stiction and friction
- A short wide drug container profile can be manufactured helping deliver higher viscosities
- A cyclic olefin primary drug container can be manufactured to produce any shape or size so larger volumes can be delivered whilst producing an overall device of satisfactory size.